Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Your teen needs to see this ad about texting *it's graphic & may not be for everyone* http://alturl.com/49g6b

More and more places around the world are adopting policies about the use of cellular phones while driving. Laws are being put in place that regulate and in most cases eliminate the use of cell phones while operating a motor vehicle.

I was talking to a friend of mine last night and I shared with him the Embrace Life – Always Wear Your Seatbelt ad I posted about the other day. He then asked if I had seen the UK public service announcement ad about texting while driving, which I had not.

This ad took my breath away. If more ads like this one were shown in North America I think that we would have less motor vehicle accidents caused by cell phone use while driving. I’m not sure if the ads currently used here are effective enough. My guess is that they aren’t.

This ad makes it very clear about could possibly happen when you’re more focused on your cell phone than the road. I know that I’ve been in a car with someone who was driving while texting and that I had to say more than once to “watch the road” as the car was beginning to drift.

If you have a teenager, they need to see this!

This ad is a little more than 4 minutes long and contains content that may be unsuitable for younger viewers due to its graphic nature.

 

 

TM

 

Posted via email from tammymair's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment