Friday, July 9, 2010

3 Days of Selena Gomez and counting...

It’s been 3 days straight of listening to Selena Gomez’s CD Kiss & Tell being played over and over again as my 7-year old dances around the house singing the lyrics to every song. It was cute the first day watching my daughter sitting on the sofa reading the lyrics out of the CD insert while each song played and watched as it progressed during the 3rd playing of the CD to dances that interpreted each song.

On the second day the CD blasted from her bedroom repeatedly as she made her bed, reorganized everything on her bookcase, the top of her dresser and every drawer in her room. She even tossed some stuffed animals that have been hanging around forever. Yay for the CD!!!

We’re now on day 3 and my daughter is sitting at the kitchen table painting her daily master pieces. I can hear her softly singing along with the songs as each one plays. Know what the kicker is? I’m singing along with the darn CD too!!

Granted Selena is not the best singer in the world but her tunes are catchy and energetic. There’s even a cover version of Canadian singer Fefe Dobson’s ‘As a Blonde’ that is done really well. Think my favourite song on the CD is 'Falling Down'

I remember painfully watching Barney with my daughter when she was younger and seeing this adorably cute little girl on there, who I now know was Selena Gomez, and thinking that kid is going to be one to watch. Who knew that a few years later my daughter would be watching her on television again this time on Wizards of Waverly Place, sporting a Wizards backpack with a huge pic of Selena on it every day going to school and blaring her CD throughout the house.

Who knows, maybe Selena Gomez is going to be Disney’s answer to the loss of Hannah Montana when Miley Cyrus hangs up her crown.

TM


Posted via email from tammymair's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment